Trackside Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday at Hinckley

Go down

Saturday at Hinckley Empty Saturday at Hinckley

Post  Gazza Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Well it’s Saturday and back to Hinckley. . .

Now if you read my article re Wednesday night racing at MERCC you will re call I had problems with the front end and we decided it was the toe in.
So after a full front end rebuild I wanted to now try out the Dave again . . . .

Well same as Wednesday night . . . the first round was no grip at all I think I / we did 17 laps instead of the normal 19 / 20. .

Any way talking to some of the lads and they said to take off the damper on the pod
( This is the little bit of plastic in the middle of the two springs with a Rubber grommet in )

Result of round 2 was rear end bouncing all over the place so scrub heat 2

With the damper plastic back in it was time for round 3. . .

A quick blast warm up and . . . Ahh bliss back to normal racing and the car was handling superb again now I can recall what happened. .. but by the first corner I was down to 6th place from 2nd after a shunt . . . Why do people keep hitting me on the first bend you cant go round a 90 degree corner flat out. . . you brake then power instead of using my car for your brake come on guys its not rocket science its common sense
Any way I was down the pack and started to come back and lapped a couple of back markers and now chasing Nick and Mark the two fastest G2 4 cell cars here today
I was up to the rear of Nick who was now in 2nd place and as we came up to another Back marker Nick had a come to with him and lost a front wheel so that put Nick out. . I then moved up to now 2nd place and the chase was on for Mark. . Who was about half a lap in front . . .

So this is a 30yr old running a real FAST G2 4 cell and me a 50yr old with a 13.5 and 1s LiPo. So it was Head down and time to pull out all me experience to catch him and we do this by . . .

Read on folks. . .
Right round the top bend and we are onto the straight all I can do here is keep my car in the middle and let go of steering and see if she runs true ok here we go . . . thumb off stick. . . .
yep its running straight right go right a bit line her up for the first corner feed in a bit yep we round that one ok just hitting the bot-dot and we are through the chicane over the loop and round the next right hander over to the right come in to the right a bit full lock left . . . yep made it round the next left hander opps a little wide a quick flick left right ohh close to the track marker don’t panic its lined up for the next left hander and wow so smooth full power hit the brake a little and it pulls me round ready for the next flowing power on right hander . ..
Phew made it woops a back marker hell where did he come from OK don’t panic stick on him and see if he over shoots the bend . . . . .

No he got that one. . . OK so still on his tail ready for the quick left right onto the straight YES he’s gone wide power on and take the inside clip the bot-dot. . .
boy that was close OK back on to the main straight right I can see Mark half way down the straight and go right a bit line her up for the first corner feed in a bit yep we round that one and Mark is only feet in front on me I can do this I know I can I just want about another 2 laps and I will have him . . .

So through the infield we go another foot off his lead as he goes a little wide I have a bit more power in the infield so I can do wonders here onto the sweeper and I think his 4 cell is losing power as I ‘m closing in fast and Mark knows it we both make it onto the main straight and I’m now right on his back side lets just see how he takes the corner so I know ready for next time NOOOOO. . . .
The sounder goes and we both cross the loop. .

bummer another lap and I would have had him so mark has a 20 lapper and me on 19 something only a few 100ths of a second in it wow that sure was fun this then placed me 2nd on the grid for the finals well its 1:12 pm so you will have to wait till later on when I come back and see what happens in the final . . .
I will say 1 good Leg and 1 bad bummer but I think I have a cure for the people who like rear ending me LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Saturday at Hinckley Empty Re: Saturday at Hinckley

Post  Gazza Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:07 am

Saturday Part 2

I forgot all about My camerea and taking pictures as we were talking about Cars and in particular the F1 from 3Racing
Any way Eric from Concept Racing was saying that I staerted some thing as When I had mine Wednesday night and the Lads saw it . . . Well he has now ordered and sold another 5 and blamrd me for it LOL Saturday at Hinckley Icon_lol
Any way here is a quick 1 minute of racing from Saturday . . Promise i will take some pics next time honest. .
Gazza

Leg 1
Well after the last qualifying round I managed to take 2nd place with the 1s LiPo Dave . .
And as I may have thought it was almost a re run of the last qualifying round but I did pull it back and managed to hang on and took 2nd place
Leg 2
Unbelievable the 3rd corner and its “STOCK cars are us”
down to last place and the rear end is bouncing all over the place . . .
This can mean only one thing
Yep rear pod is off Saturday at Hinckley Icon_twisted
So I managed to pull it in to the rostrum area and the young marshal passed it up to me and I popped the pod back on and out I went after a few tussles it was clear that I could possible only manage 2nd or even 3rd as I was a lap down then it happened again
Yep rear ended and pods off again Guys I cannot stress enough when you come to corners you brake to go round not hit the car in front to slow you down this is possible OK in STOCK CARS but NOT APCETABLE in circuit cars it’s a gentleman’s race like if I was to hit you I would wait for you to take the lead again then carry on racing any way pod off the 2nd time and I had to limp round the track to the rostrum so I could pop it back on I was gutted a goods days racing ruined by novice drivers and I took Last. . . not a happy bunny oh well there is always next Saturday oh hang on its closed school using hall. . . or is it ?
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Saturday at Hinckley Empty Last round

Post  Gazza Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 am

well to day was the Last round of the Hinckley Autumn series
( I type this watching the snow fall out side my window Saturday at Hinckley Icon_razz )
Well It was good news for us die hard Mardave racers. . . . There was another 13.5 Lipo in the name of James Carvell who was doing so well and missed some laps due to his PT playing up on the Y lead into the RX

Bad Luck on that James but I will get you them leads for Wednesday

Well for me I wanted to try out the solid axle and I had forgotten how to drive it I think so for the first 3 rounds I really struggled to get around even hitting poor old Norman a few times to which I went and

Apologized to so again Sorry Norman

Final Leg 1

Any way I thought My car was Pants so I decided to try my diff for the first final and boy what a differance I was back to my old style of driving I Qualified 2nd on the grid Just behind Nick who had a real fast G2 and we both were going for it I cant remember what happened to him but I shot off into the lead and that was that 5mins later and I ending up winning it which was a plus Saturday at Hinckley Icon_biggrin

Leg 2

Nick was off like a rocket and I followed him staying with him for the first 2 laps I think then I went to pot Saturday at Hinckley Icon_redface . . I have no idea what went wrong it just did not handle like the first round and the front was Biting (over steer ) way to much Im not to sure if it was the grip coming up or my tyres going off and in the end I was a lap down into 3rd with Nick in front followed by James I think but a reall good race and I must admitt the racing is now finally back with the Daves close and dam good fun just like its meant to be

Gazza

Will up load some video when I figure out my new camera of the 1/12th and the two F1 cars

Ps well done tto the Quick silver Guys for running a Christmas Theme and the Mince Pies

Below Image From Hinckley Site

Saturday at Hinckley File
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Saturday at Hinckley Empty Re: Saturday at Hinckley

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum