Trackside Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Car in town called . . . the Stealth

Go down

New Car in town called . . . the Stealth Empty New Car in town called . . . the Stealth

Post  Gazza Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Well having been to Radshape HQ I was delighted to say the least that Chris Dickinson. . .
Gave me a kit to play with which was the Stealth . . . WOW

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So the only thing when you get back home is like any other 12 year old kid would do

Yep run into the work shop clear the bench and. . . . B U I L D

On opening the box you are going to be stunned by the Quality of the Parts and how the engraving stands out on the metal bits

Don’t think that this is like any other model car kit you may find from the Far East . . .
Oh no the people at Radshape do make parts for real cars Like Range rover / Morgan / Bentley and even Rolls Royce so you can imaging the quality of the Materials and the craftsman’s ship that this place has they had all there top people on this right from the C.A.D guys down to or is that up to Chris himself

(Sorry Chris LOL)

So before I started I thought it appropriate to get every thing out the box and take a snap shot

So its all here ready to go does not look much to look at but the Quality is 100% English engineering and it does not get better than this well done to the guys at Radshape Engineering cheers

You will probably notice from the Above Picture that some of the items that are time consuming and need experience to set up like the Shock absorbers are already built. . Nice.

Even the rear axle blocks have the bearings already in so take out guessing which way round. . So let’s start the build shall we?

Start off by building the Chassis and T bar with the screws and washers this is straight forward build just follow the diagram but be aware the pictures of the bolts and washers are NOT TO SCALE . . . so you could get confused

I mentioned this to Chris and thought that this needed sorting out as it’s hard for a company like Radshape that have people who are engineers and used to this sort of thing but for a Beginner it could be confusing So I put all the fixings in a container to sort through as I needed them

also I would like to see the items for say the chassis and T bar in Bag A and rear pod items and fixings in bag B and so on like in so many other builds but this reminds me of the time I was a Young kid building is first model Meccano kit with nothing more than an exploding diagram

(This way it gets the young minds of kids to explore the build and not just look at a book and copy it. . . LOL also works for adults as well)

oh how I loved my Meccano I spent hours in front of a coal fire in the winter when we had 3ft of snow yea 3ft I kid you not. . . . Any way

A Meccano Rolls Royce . . . ahhh bisto sorry I mean ahhh those where the days

So with the M3x10 bolts just for those who are not sure most nuts and bolts now days in England are of the “M” standard (metric) and not imperial so an M3x10 is a diameter and x10 is 10mm long and M3x5 is 5mm long OK

So Page 4 section 2 is all about the Ally posts now pay attention here class as there is 27mm & 28mm long as with all metal to metal use a dab of lock tite on the thread

Now the front end blue alloy wish bone don’t fit it up side down see below

Next up is the battery tub and this has the laser cut STEALTH in it looks nice and again the quality is superb

Now moving onto the front control steering arms all bearings where in a bag with the diff as you build these up look at the pictures and build a left and right version make sure when built you have the recommended 5mm and 4.5mm ball joint gap for the camber setup

Now onto the front wish bone and again take note with regards the wish bone pivot pins length also some spacers for adjusting the caster. . . . Nice I like this also some long grub screws for ride height down stops the shocks are all the same and feel so smooth and are fitted next then before you know it its all done

The rear end is so easy to do I had it done in no time

And before I knew it . . . Oh look its all done

The diff in the instruction says comes ready built but as mine was a possible pre production I had to make it up but the instructions are straight forward like most diff’s oh don’t worry about the thrust ball race left over it goes on the end of the wheel.

As I’m into brushless racing these days I thought it best to go for a 13.5 and 2s LiPo but alas the Brushless motor wont allow me to mesh the gears 84 spur and 23 Pinion. . So a phone call to Chris and it works fine on the one we have . . . hmmm so looking at the mounting holes on the axle blocks and the hole on my motor
It’s now clear that the holes are about .5 to 1mm out?

So Chris sends me a motor and sure enough it mesh’s no problem the holes on the motor can are about .5mm different and as in the picture below you can now see its easier to mesh

So I’m going to swop my spur gear from an 84 to say a 78 or 80

So all that’s needed now is your radio gear electrics and away we go oh yea and fit the Touring Car style rubber wheels

I will be doing another piece on the STEALTH as a track review as Chris told me he has some Foam tyres. . cheers

And I would like to compare the cars together on the track and get some video's for you all

So stay tuned folks
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum