Trackside Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spur gears

Go down

spur gears Empty spur gears

Post  Gazza Tue May 25, 2010 10:47 am

Well went racing yesterday at Ardent and still the same issue of going through Spur gears like no tomorrow and for the love of god I had no idea why ?

So with all 3 rounds run I did a max of 6 laps Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Why was it striping teeth Evil or Very Mad

well after the 3 rounds I went for a full strip down and found the problem its just some thing small that you would not think of

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the POM ring gear worn down and slipping out thus the spur gear was not meshing right

So with only some Mardave diff gears in my box ( none in shop to buy ) I put on a 48 teeth 32 dp LOL so with the car ready to go I knew it may not last so in last spot in the final we are off

Wow I took 2nd . . . . . not bad Very Happy

But alas I could feel the mesh going so will it last the 2nd final . . .

back into the shop and bought 2 Mardave 50t spurs . . .

why what you thinking of now Gazza you may well ask

Well bang them into my Lathe and see if I can get them into the 3Racing diff . . . No way you all say

Well I started the project to day and done one ( pics to follow later ) then I thought of another idea about incorparting the POM ring gear onto the Mardave spur gear ? Idea ( again if it works Pic's to follow )

so 2nd leg and I managed 3rd not bad gonna sort it out and test 2moz if I have time

Gazza
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum